Friday 4 August 2017

A TWIST TO TRADITIONS

A house with siblings is always a house with chaos. Similarly, me and my younger sister, Sanju, could never see eye to eye with eachother. We left no chance to plot against eachother like born enemies. Poor mom-dad  plead us in dispair to behave like sisters but we were always in the WWE ring.
But today was not a regular day, like the cliché dialogue goes, "Did the sun rise in West today?" My always vicious and unkind sister was totally antonym today. Can you believe it, she got me water when I asked for. Can you believe it, she called me didi for the first time. Can you believe it, she passed me my towel in the bathroom when I forget it outside.
I am scared, she is replaced, or maybe she is suffering with split personality disorder, or maybe she wanted me to convince something to mom-dad on her behalf. I finally interrogated her,
"What is your motive? You can't be that sweet." 
"Nothing Dii! All good. Love you." she replied planting a kiss on my cheek.
Seriously, had my world turned upside down? Was this a dream? Or was my entire life before a bad dream?
I bunked a lecture and ran home early that day to surprise my newly turned adorable sister.
As I stepped inside the bedroom, I saw her sob silently at the corner of the bed with a letter in her hand. Alas! She saw that. Now I could figure out the reason of her behaving sweet all of a sudden. It was my selection letter from a Bangalore University for my 2 years of MBA course.
The moment Sanju realised my presence in the room, she came running to hug me, a hug never so tight, a hug never so cosy, a hug never so  affectionate.
"You would leave me for 2 years. what do I do without you? Who's clothes should I steal? Whom should I complain about?  I am sorry Dii, all my life I have always made you regret having a sibling, but now since I have only few days left with you I want to make you glee, feel lucky for having me." She cried making me cry too.
"How much ever I make your life bad" she continued, "I know you will never let life be bad to me. We shouldn't regret having no brother Di, we are the shields of eachother."
I couldn't obstruct rivers down my eyes,
"Sanju, you know what I am going to take with myself? It isn't your kind behaviour, it will be your mischieves. I want to spend the days left like our regular days. Don't change, I love the bitchy you."
We hugged eachother again. "In that case" Sanju said "I'll go buy a Rakhi for you, and you go shop for a nice gift for me."
"Lol! Get lost!" I shooed her
"Mummaaa!!! Yeah mujhe get lost bolii." She had switched back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Omg😘😘😘😘 Bought tears in my eyes ❤️ Love u so much darling ... Sorry for reading it so late 🙏🏻😘

    ReplyDelete

THE MIDNIGHT DATE- 2

Do we all crave for that one person? We don't wanna date but we want. We’ll strive for them. We’ll fight for them today. Their a...